Tips & Strategies - SAT Evidence-Based Reading Section
Each section of the SAT is challenging and requires a plan to earn your Personal A+™
- It's the first section of the test, so you're fresh and ready to go!
- There are five passages each with 10 or 11 questions to answer.
- There is always one dual-reading passage.
- You have 65 minutes to answer a total of 52 questions.
Selected Tips & Strategies
- Again, there is no penalty for guessing on the SAT. You need to get to all five reading passages. This means you should not spend too much time on any one question. For each passage you should take about 6 minutes to read the passage and about 7 minutes to answer the questions.
- Read the passage first, and then answer the questions. (DO NOT READ THE QUESTIONS FIRST; IT IS A MASSIVE WASTE OF TIME.)