Tips & Strategies - SAT Math Section
Each section of the SAT is challenging and requires a plan to earn your Personal A+™
- There are a total of 58 questions split between no-calculator and calculator sections.
- There is NO penalty for guessing.
- Out of the 58 total questions there are 13 student-produced response questions and 45 multiple choice questions.
Selected Tips & Strategies
- Pace yourself wisely. This means 1 to 1-1/2 minutes per question.
- Use logic first and math second. This exam is based on real-world math so thinking through the situation presented makes process-of-elimination much easier.
- Diagrams are almost always drawn to scale. Use this knowledge to your advantage to help estimate.