Tips & Strategies - SAT Writing and Language Section
Each section of the SAT is challenging and requires a plan to earn your Personal A+™
- There are four passages.
- You have 35 minutes to answer 44 questions.
- Many of the questions are based on just a few punctuation/grammar rules.
- Although there are 44 questions, SAT keeps repeating the same ideas, so if you know the rules, it's like being asked the same question over and over again!
Selected Tips & Strategies
- Read one full paragraph at a time and then answer the corresponding questions. This allows you to understand the flow of the passage and correctly answer the transition and modifier questions.
- There is no penalty for guessing, so leave nothing blank! It is imperative to finish the Writing and Language section (as well as all of the sections).